Job Title: Secretary
Reports to: Director of QMA
To provide administrative support to the Director of QMA
Key Result Areas:
- Serve as a primary point of administrative contact for the Director of QMA.
- Perform routine administrative support functions, such as filing, correspondence, meeting minutes, report preparation, PowerPoint presentations.
- Receive and screen visitors, telephone calls and correspondence directed to the Director of QMA.
- Answer general inquiries from the public.
- Manage the Director's calendar, schedule appointments. Register the Director for various conferences. Complete all necessary paperwork and handle logistics.
- Organize & provide support for functions including meetings, conferences, graduation ceremonies, and other special events.
- Organize guest lists, send invitations.
- Assist in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects.
- Assist in the preparation of accreditation documents.
- Co-ordinate administrative support staff vacations to ensure that the school office is open throughout the summer holidays.
- Send notes of thanks to acknowledge assistance, visits, donations, etc.
- Handle QMA’s procurement tasks including the submission of all ePRFs, P-card and petty cash.
- Update QMA’s business plan and risk register in coordination with the Director.
- Develop and update important documents in alignment with PUE policies and procedures.
- Translate important letters/memos from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Must comply with QF health, safety, security, and environment policies, procedures, legal regulations and objectives applicable to areas of responsibility to ensure that work is performed in a safe, healthy and environmentally-sound manner. Most work is in a standard office environment. Occasional work required outside of normal working hours.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Director - very frequent contact to receive work instructions and guidance, and to provide administrative support.
- School staff - frequent contact to field inquiries and requests for contact with the Director.
- PUE Public Relations office - contact as needed to receive requests for information, and to provide information and schedule interviews.
- PUE administrative support staff - contact as needed to communicate policy and procedural changes or other information.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Able to identify issues and to use sound judgment in applying expertise and experience to resolve a range of problems, from moderate to complex, using work experience and own acquired knowledge.
Must exercise a high degree of discretion and diplomacy.
Decision-Making Authority & Responsibility:
Operates within practices and procedures covered by precedents or well-defined policies and review of end results.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and specific secretarial skills training preferred.
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience performing a wide range of tasks under minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, time management, Interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Native Arab speaker with excellent oral and writing skills - ability to draft/ edit a variety of written reports and communications and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in English (both oral and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Statements in this Job Description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 24 May 2023. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview in person on Monday, 29 May 2023.
Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserve the right to appoint a successful candidate at any time, even before the deadline mentioned, if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should submit their CV and complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to the QMA’s HR focal person: Ms. Rita Mheir (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here to download application form.
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check. All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.
Equality and access
Qatar Foundation Division of Pre-University is committed to ensuring that applicants and employees from all sections of the community are treated equally and not discriminated against, and we welcome applications from candidates with additional needs and disabilities.