Piano teacher | Local Hire
(Commencing August 2023)
Qatar Foundation Schools - Leading Learning
Since its inception, Qatar Foundation has been committed to providing world-class school curricula to realize the vision of His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Father Amir, and Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation, stipulating that the future of the State of Qatar is based on the development of its most important resource, Qatari minds. Qatar Foundation started its journey in 1995 with the opening of Qatar Academy - Doha. The Division of Pre-University Education (PUE) later expanded to include seventeen academies and other educational programs, namely: Qatar Academy - Al Wakra; Qatar Academy - Msheireb; Qatar Academy - Al Khor; Qatar Academy - Sidra; Qatar Academy for Science and Technology; Qatar Leadership Academy; Awsaj Academy; Renad Academy; Academyati; Tariq Bin Ziad School; the Academic Bridge Program and the Qatar Armed Services Academic Officer Program; Motivation, Accreditation and Review Qatar; The Learning Center; and the Education Development Institute.
Qatar Music Academy joined the PUE family in 2020, having previously been part of the QF Division of Community Development. These leading educational centers, operating under the umbrella of the Qatar Foundation Division of Pre-university Education, aspire to fulfill Qatar Foundation’s vision of unlocking human potential by offering the best academic curricula and so contributing to the development and dissemination of a culture of excellence and innovation.
Qatar Music Academy (QMA), was established in 2011. The academy provides a comprehensive music education program for approximately 600 students based on practice and musicianship through its Arab and Western Music departments. Each department offers two programs: The Academic Music and Music for All programs. QMA also provides a special Music Appreciation program developed for young children aged 4-5. The school’s environment encourages all students to achieve their full music potential and pursue a diverse range of career options related to the music industry.
There are 38 professional musicians and teachers from all around the world who provide all individual and ensemble music coaching.
QMA will be internationally renowned for excellent music education incorporating both Arab and Western music, thereby helping to foster a thriving music culture in Qatar and the region.
Qatar Music Academy (QMA) aims to develop promising talent from the region to be the next generation of world-class musicians by providing comprehensive music education programs in Arab and Western classical music. Both curricula are based on performance and musicianship.
Candidates keen to learn more about QMA can go to the school’s website:
Person Qualifications and Experience
- Female piano teacher with residency in Qatar
- Bachelor’s degree (BA Hons) in Piano Performance (Master’s degree desirable)
- Minimum 10 years’ piano teaching experience with proven teaching track record ( students taking ABRSM exams and participate in festivals and competitions)
- Experience of teaching students from the age of 6 to 18 years old and adult students
- Should be actively involved in music as a performer and have some experience of event management (organizing and conducting class recitals and ensemble concerts)
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills (some experience in Sibelius or the other music software is desirable)
- Experience of international examinations, including ABRSM examinations and academic administration work
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written English (knowledge of Arabic would also be desirable)
- Understanding and experience with fostering a culture of collaboration
- Knowledge of and experience with Child Protection and Safeguarding in a music education context
- A positive, goal-oriented, child-centered team member and teacher who has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create a dynamic and positive class environment conducive to student learning, skills development, and social-emotional wellbeing
- Ability to problem-solve, think creatively to find solutions and stay calm and focused in stressful situations
- Ability to anticipate possible problem issues before they arise and make plans to overcome them
- Ability to develop a positive relationship with students’ parents and communicate clearly and in a timely manner
- Ability to inspire and engage students and colleagues in a shared and collaborative manner as a teacher and a team member
- Ability to think strategically and plan to meet long-term and short-term goals of the school
- Demonstrate continuous professional growth by seeking a variety of professional development opportunities
- Build and maintain positive student morale and high motivation towards music education
- Show cultural awareness and respect for the local culture and traditions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the piano 23 hours per week and, in addition, to accompany students up to 2 hours per week.
- Be familiar with the piano and musicianship syllabuses, guidelines and regulations of QMA internal exams and ABRSM practical exams
- Support the implementation of a comprehensive music program
- Attend all mandatory training (e.g. Child Protection and Safeguarding) conducted by QMA and PUE
- Attend all staff meetings scheduled by the Director of QMA
- Attend all Western Music Department meetings scheduled by the Head of the Western Music Department
- Attend all Piano Faculty meetings and all staff Professional Learning Days
- Participate in entry auditions, scholarship auditions and internal examinations as a member of the jury
- Support QMA’s outreach programs
- Follow QMA protocols for assessments, maintaining records and reporting on progress and achievement
- Provide prompt and frequent feedback to students and parents
- Conduct interesting, well-planned and well-paced classes using a variety of instructional techniques, differentiation strategies and media, appropriate to the lesson and the needs and capabilities of the student
- Identify, diagnose, and prescribe remediation for individual learning difficulties
- Reflect on and review personal teaching methods and schemes of work regularly to improve as an educator
- Implement programs and initiatives adopted by the QMA administration
- Undertake reasonable duties of supervision of students during non-teaching time (e.g. during concerts)
- Maintain a safe, secure and pleasant learning environment for students
- Organize and conduct compulsory class recitals and concerts during each academic term
- Establish and maintain open and positive lines of communication with students, their parents and all QMA staff
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as may be required from time to time by the Director. These variations will not change the general character of the post, or the level of responsibility entailed
Salary and Benefits
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include a tax-free salary, health and life insurance.
Please note that candidates who applied for a similar position in the past do not need to re-apply.
Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserve the right to appoint a successful candidate at any time, even before the deadline mentioned, if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should submit their CV and complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to the Director, Mr. Zlatan Fazlić (email@example.com) and copied to:
QMA’s HR focal person: Ms. Rita Mheir (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, 23d May 2023. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview in person on Sunday 28th May, 2023.
Click here to download the application form.
Qatar Foundation Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and the vulnerable, and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check. All employees, volunteers, and visitors in QF schools are subject to the provisions of the QF Schools Child Protection Policy.
Equality and Access
Qatar Foundation Division of Pre-University is committed to ensuring that applicants and employees from all sections of the community are treated equally and not discriminated against, and we welcome applications from candidates with additional needs and disabilities.